Re: QuiteInsane 0.1-alpha-1 released

From: mh (crapsite@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 04:01:28 PST

    Tim Waugh, Mon, 29 Jan 2001 :

    > On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 12:16:39AM +0100, mh wrote:
    >
    > > -start OCR (automatic filename generation) and/or
    >
    > (Using gocr.) Is there any active development on gocr, do you know?

    Hmm, I think the project isn't dead at least; the latest release is 0.0.3
    (afair) dated to December 2000 (?). Their mailinglists on SF show some activity,
    therefore I think there is active development.
    See: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jocr ; and don't trust the SF statistics,
    they are broken since months. And keep in mind, that there's also a project
    called 'gocr' on SF, which is also an OCR project but has nothing in common with
    the program/lib gocr we're talking about-- quite confusing (quite insane?)

    BTW if someone knows an alternative to gocr (open source, of course), please let
    me know. I couldn't find anything that's halfway usefull (execpt gocr) :-(

    Michael