Compile problems on Solaris Sparc

From: John Craig (jcraig@agen.ufl.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 09:57:16 PST

    I have been trying to compile SANE on a SparcStation 4 (32 bit Sparc)
    running Solaris 2.7. It has gcc 2.95 and other GNU tools installed.
    I installed the generic SCSI driver from Joerg Schilling, and /dev/scg0

    exists. Running ./configure seems to configure properly, and make runs
    until it gets to the backend directory, then it halts with this error
    message:

    make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 75: More than one % pattern
    on right hand side
    Current working directory is /tmp/sane-1.0.4/backend
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

    I also tried compiling sane-1.0.3, and it stopped at the same place,
    with the same error message.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    John Craig