Re: canon backend driver fix

From: doj (doj@cubic.org)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 05:06:55 PST

    > I'm the CanoScan user.
    > I have a CanoScan FB620S, and I'm using the model in SANE1.0.3 on Linux.
    > About your patch, would you teach me ?

    I am using the latest 1.0.4 version of sane. The patch was made against
    version 1.0.4. Although I think that there is no difference in the canon
    sources from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4

    The first part of the patch, fixes a bug in parsing the device string
    "canon:/dev/...."
    After this patch applied sane runs perfectly at my home
    system/configuration.

    The later parts of the patch fix the compiler warnings about "comparison
    between signed and unsigned". They are more of cosmetical nature, but I
    like to have sources compiled without warnings.

    --
    ---> doj /cubic
    ----> http://www.cubic.org