Epson 1240U

From: S. G. Student (sgsman@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jan 22 2001 - 06:14:08 PST

    I have the Epson 1240U working on Linux2.4.0Pre in the scanimage
    terminal mode.
    The sane package 1.0.4 works out of the box but the Linux version must
    be tweaked to allow the system to recognize the new equipment. Since I
    had a problem compiling scanner support as a module I modified scanner.c
    in Linux to add the following
    {under the Seiko Epson section}
            idVendor:0x04b8, idProduct: 0x10b
    and recompiled the kernel.
    I'm impressed with the results and have scanned at resolutions up to
    2400.
    Not thoroughly tested but very functional.