Re: please advise: Mustek 12000SP, NCR810 & color stripes

From: David Gesswein (djg@drs-esg.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 11:15:34 PST

    > I've read somewhere (in SANE docs?) that this Mustek should be
    > terminated (by me). But my active terminator makes the line
    > phenomena a lot worse. What is it with this scanner? Doesn't it
    > follow SCSI specs, or has it auto-termination?

    I wouldn't trust scanners to follow SCSI specs, specially if they come
    as a package with SCSI card etc. My acer caused problems with other
    devices on the same chain until I removed from the PCB a bunch of capacitors
    they had put on the SCSI signal lines. They either put them on for EMI or
    an attempt to sort of terminate but caused too much reflection when you
    had other devices on the chain which were using faster data rates.

    David Gesswein
    http://www.pdp8.net/ -- Old computers with blinkenlights