Epson Perfection 640 solved

From: SCC (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 08:11:44 PST

    Hi everyone.

    A big thanks to all on the sane list and especially Kerl Heinz for their
    help in getting my usb scanner working.

    The main problem was that SuSE7.0 had put stuff into /usr/bin but the
    downloaded tarballs installed into /usr/local/bin. I found this out by
    specifying the full path for /usr/local/bin/xsane whereupon everything worked
    fine. It seems then that /usr/bin is searched before /usr/local/bin.

    Thanks again, Steve.

      --
    SuSE Linux 7.0