How to Run Parallel Port Scanner as Non-Root????

From: Jochen Weiss (jweiss1@tennessee.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 15:22:59 PST

    I got an old Epson ES300C parallel port scanner from a friend of mine and I
    got
    it to run under Mandrake 7.2 as root (which is not recommended and did
    indeed do
    same bad things to the program while running). So my question is:
    How can i change the permissions on the pio 0x378 so that I can run it as
    regular
    user. This is easy to solve for a SCSI port since its a device, but the pio
    doesn't use a device...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated....

    Jochen Weiss