Re: Umax 600s/Adaptec 2906 trouble

From: Mark Stewart (mstewart@atg.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 08:40:15 PST

    > > Any other thoughts, recommendations, etc? Has anyone successfully
    > > used an Adaptec 2906 card with SANE?
    >

    > it may be a problem of the scsi driver for the Adaptec 2906.
    > Do you have the chance to try if the scanner works with another
    > scsi card?

    Well, I don't actually have any other cards available at the moment. I guess
    there aren't any SANE users using this particular model? It was the model
    Adaptec was pushing for Macintosh users so I'm guessing there must be some
    LinuxPPC users that have one. I'll have to poll that list.

    If I were to go out and buy a replacement what would you and the rest of the
    list recommend?

    > Did you ever try to scan in lineart or grayscale mode?
    > Does a preview scan work?

    I didn't but I will do so and let you know if it changes anything.

    Thanks very much,
    ::mark