Re: False Colors with Microtek Scanmaker X6 SCSI

From: Hendrik Sattler (ubq7@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 15:59:22 PST

    Am Dienstag, 16. Januar 2001 22:15, Joachim Heidemeier schrieb:
    >There are two pitfalls with the microtek X6 SCSI
    >a) the firmware version (should be at least V 1.6)

    How can I upgrade that?

    The SCSI tells me:
    Vendor: <<nothing>>
    Model: Scanner 636A4
    Rev: 1.40
    Type: Scanner
    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

    Does that mean that this is the firmware version 1.40?

    >b) the driver version.
    >I remember I had similar problems (colour swapping). IIRC the driver
    >version was the culprit.

    I use the one that comes with Debian Potato. (sane 1.0.1, xsane 0.5)

    Anyway my system load goes up very high while scanning. This may be because
    of the Adaptec1505AE (ISA) that came with the scanner. Does anybody know an
    PCI-SCSI-Controller that works with this scanner and is fairly cheap? My much
    more expensive Adaptec AHA2940AU did not accept the scanner, the system would
    not boot with the scanner on the bus...

    Hendrik