Re: sane,saned und XSane/Windows

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 10:23:55 PST

    On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 05:13:11PM +0100, Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:
    > > sane stream tcp nowait saned.saned /usr/local/sbin/saned saned
    >
    > Oops.
    >
    > Should be:
    > sane stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.saned
    >
    > Because at present you bypass the tcpwrappers so your host part is
    > unknown.

    Both ways should work. It's *not* necessary to use tcpwrappers (but it
    shouldn't harm). Example:
    My inetd.conf:
    sane stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/sbin/saned saned

    scanimage -L:
    [...]
    device `net:localhost:mustek:/dev/scanner' is a Mustek MFS-8000SP flatbed scanner

    /var/log/daemon.log:
    Jan 7 19:19:05 hmg1 saned[15200]: access by hmg@hmg1 accepted
    Jan 7 19:19:06 hmg1 saned[15200]: exiting

    > Which explains the null

    I don't think so. Maybe the the hosts file on the server isn't
    complete. On the other hand shouldn't saned print "someone@ipaddress"
    in this case?

    > PS: I couldn't find a reference to xinetd in the docs. Did anyone use it
    > allready? (xinetd is an inetd replacement.)

    I don't use it but I added some info in saned(1).

    Bye,
      Henning