Re: HP Scanjet 3300 [also Re: HP 3400 scanner information]

From: Adrian Perez Jorge (adrianpj@easynews.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 18:57:15 PST

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi Jay,

    It will be useful every different combination of scanning, but trying
    to understand button polls is a good way to start coding and testing.
    That's the first thing the hp4200 test program could do, and also for
    the IBM Ideascan (http://ideascan.sourceforge.net)

    To understand (only) the scanning protocol, it will be better to
    exclude the button polls from the log file.

    It will be nice to publish all those log files in the WWW, so people
    interested in those files, or just curious people, can view/download
    them. Maybe opening a sourceforge project could be the easier way.

    Please, don't forget to annotate the scanning parameters used to
    generate those log files! (and save the scanned image)

    Cheers,

    Adrian Perez Jorge