Re: SANE + i18n (?)

From: Ralph Angenendt (ralph@strg-alt-entf.org)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 16:31:29 PST

    On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 05:54:03PM +0100, mh wrote:
    > Oliver Rauch, Don, 04 Jan 2001 :
    > > I already tried the same thing one year ago but did not get any
    > > resonse to it.
    > >
    > > saneopts.h shall only include texts that are used by several backends.
    > > Additional texts have to be made public by the Backend maintainer.
    > > There are some files in xsane-0.*/backend-po including a german translation for the
    > > umax backend.
    >
    > Hi Oliver/all,
    > that's sad :-(
    > I already noticed your efforts to supply translations for the backends.

    Yeah, I feel sorry for that also. I can't program (at least not on the
    level Sane is written), but I'd be comfortable translating backend
    messages (or manpages) from english to german. If something like that
    is needed (and if there is some framework for translating stuff), I'd
    be glad to do some translating.

    How 'bout the manpages? Any plan to include some internationalized
    stuff in there?

    Ralph

    --
    Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete
    works of Shakespeare. Win 98 source code? Eight monkeys, five