TO ALL BACKEND AUTHORS: logo for backend/manufacturer

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 18:26:54 PST

    one of the changes of coming version xsane-0.70 is that
    xsane is able to show a logo for the backend/scanner manufacturer.
    The logo is shown at the bottom of the standard and advanced
    option windows (may be optional at other places).

    The logo is selected by the name of the backend:
    sane-"backend"-logo.xpm

    The size is 256*48 pixels, format is xpm with transparent
    background. When the logo does not use the full size
    please place it at the middle of the 256*48 image.

    I think we need the permission of the manufacturer when we
    include their original logo. So if you send a manufacturer´s
    logo to me please ask the manufacturer at first and attach a
    copy of the manufacturer´s answer-mail.

    Or create a logo for the backend. In this case it should
    be obvious that it´s origin is not the manufacturer.

    May be someone is interested in creating logos for all backends
    that have common style/font and may be include the sane logo
    or the text "SANE".

    If you want that I include a logo, please send it directly to
    me: mailto:Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE

    Bye
    Oliver

    --