Re: astra 3400

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 04:01:26 PST

    On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 07:06:54PM -0500, rm wrote:
    > i've done some hacking around with it, and it is indeed LM9832 based. the

    I started looking at the Mustek Bearpaw 1200, which has a LM9831.
    You know http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Mouse/5403/ ?
    If you have questions, you can try to ask the chip developers directly.
    Maybe you can get the development software this way.

    > usb format isn't described in the datasheet (it says it's in the dev
    > software, but i couldn't find this), but it seems pretty simple from
    > looking at the usb snoop output.

    > the msg format is a bulkmsg send of 4 bytes in the shortest
    > case.
    >
    > nWrite (0 or 1), register address, ???, # of bytes
    >
    > the 2nd byte is possibly the high byte of the number of bytes to be
    > read/written.

    That's right. This is the information for the 9831:
    Byte 0: read (1) or write (0). Use incremental write/read: add 2.
    Byte 1: register number
    Byte 2: bytes to write/read MSB
    Byte 3: bytes to write/read LSB

    > if it's a read, you follow up by reading the blk endpoint, or if it's a
    > write you just put the rest of it in the blkmsg.

    Correct.

    > the scanner dependent stuff is in the .ini file that is distributed with
    > the scanner. and the lm983x bits should be similar to the hp backend.
    >
    > anyway, just thought i'd let you all know the results in case anyone was
    > interested.

    I'm interested. Do you want to write a backend? Otherwise I will start
    to write one for the Mustek Bearpaw soon.

    Bye,
      Henning