Epson Perfection 1200 Photo USB crashes

From: Per Aalrust (PerAalrust@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 15:21:06 PST

    Hi everybody,

    I have been working for a while with sane 1.0.3 (epson backend V0.1.35)
    and the above named scanner. If scanning full size in color mode the
    scanner
    and/or the usb-port sometimes crashes?! On the command line I get the
    message
    "[epson] error in receive - status = 5" (sometimes 9 instead of 5).
    After that error I have to do a reset, because there is no way to do any
    further scanning. Linux is still alive, but the scanner and sane hangs.
    Scanning in gray and binary mode works fine so far.

    Anybody out here who has a good idea that helps?

    Best regards
    Per