Re: A few questions

From: Lawrence Glaister (lg@jfm.bc.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 16:55:40 PST

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/snapscan
    Hi John,
    you will need to get the latest snapscan backend from the link above.
    I have not built a version recently, but I have my snapscan 1212U working
    (most of the time) with sane 1.0.3. I think it is probably worth trying sane
    1.0.4 that has just been released and the latest snapscan backend. This
    scanner still seems to need some tweaking... Its great to have another user
    who can help with testing, debugging and generally thrashing out problems
    with the backend. There are several other users on this list with the
    1212U... there seem to be 2 versions, one that needs firmware downloads
    (known as the 1212u_2 and the older 1212u that seems to have rommed
    firmware.
    The guys on this list seem to be quite helpful getting things running, but
    it may take a few experiments.
    Hope this helps
    Lawrence Glaister VE7IT email: lg@jfm.bc.ca
    1462 Madrona Drive http://jfm.bc.ca