Re: notes on mustek_pp driver (was: sane-pre1-1.0.4 available)

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gno.de)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 06:50:14 PST

    Hi!

    First of all, please use subject-lines that say something about the
    contens of the email. I receive ~200 mails a day, and if the subject
    and/or sender isn't really interesting I most probably delete them
    unread...

    I just stumbled over this email by accident...

    [Eugene Kanter]
    > Notes about mustek_pp driver:
    >
    > My scanner 1200 ED gets detected as MFS-600IIIP.
    >
    > 1.0.3 can move the lamp fine. The scan gets no data: 100% white.
    >
    > 1.0.4 can NOT move the lamp at all.
    >
    > Anyone has any clues?

    Did you configure the backend? There's a new option introduced with
    version 0.9-devel of the backend...

    add "option use600" to your /etc/sane.d/mustek_pp.conf
    there's even a section with default options for your scanner in it.

    For other new options see the man-page

    -- jochen