Re: Building frozen pre-1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 11:47:15 PST

    On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 06:48:09PM +0100, Paul Floyd wrote:
    > Perhaps you will again one day.

    Fine :-)

    > I can'remember in wgich backend it fails, but it does so in several of
    > them. I don't think it's a good idea to have the same constant #defined
    > in many files (it's currently defined in 8 c files in backend).

    Ok. I added a point in the TODO list to define PATH_MAX somewhere in a
    global file (if it's not defined by the system).

    > I'm using autoconf and then running configure (though I edit it to
    > compile with debug info).

    Maybe I didn't understand this but can't you use something like
    CFLAGS="-whatever -debugflag -necessary" ./configure"?

    > However, nec.c contains the string "JX" 17 times, mostly in comments,
    > but otherwise:

    Ok. But this doesn't seem to harm compilation, because every reference
    to "JX" is in some sort of #ifdef (or am I wrong?). At least here on
    Unix. That's a job for the Nec maintainer, Fukuda Kazuya. I added a
    point on the TODO list.

    > Do all those platforms support System V APIs?

    At least SANE compiled cleanly on these platforms so they seem to have
    shm.h. I'm not an expert in these things.

    > i.e., if I don't explicitly use --disable-warnings, then the WARN_CFLAGS
    > variable gets used (line 1547 of my configure), rather than
    > NORMAL_CFLAGS.

    My fault. The change to --disable-warnings was done in CVS after the
    pre snapshot and will be in the released version.

    > > What do you mean by "structure parameter"?
    >
    > param is the name of the structure.

    I see. What's the source of the problem? The initialisation or the
    missing name?

    > Things seem to be going better than I feared. I managed to run a scan
    > (full colour) with the exe that I compiled.

    Maybe you can put a patch or a description what you did on a web page?

    Bye,
      Henning