Building frozen pre-1.0.4

From: Paul Floyd (paulf@free.fr)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 03:11:01 PST

    Hi

    I've just been building the latest code in pre-1.0.4 under OS/2

    To put it into context, it took me about 4 hours just to get it to
    compile. It'll probably take even longer to get it to work.

    Here's my list of things that are broken.

    PATH_MAX gets used when it isn't defined. Perhaps it should be in
    config.h.in?

    sharp.c and nec.c use shm.c, which is only available on System V (and
    clone) platforms. nec.c still includes constants defined in sharp.h
    (though they are #defined out by default). Tell me, is SANE supposed to
    be cross platform or is it supposed to be Linux proprietary-style code?
    I can't tell whether the brute force altering of the #defines to allow
    me to compile has any impact as I don't have an NEC or Sharp scanner.

    By default, the warning options have changed, and this wouldn't compile
    sanei_scsi.c (the structure param around line 2900).

    The date of the snapscan code is old. The date of the files on
    sourceforge is November 2000, the included snapscan files are from
    August 2000.

    A bientot
    Paul

    --