Poblems with Epson 1200 usb

From: Paul van der Vlis (paul@vandervlis.nl)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 06:13:22 PST

    Hello!

    I try to get my Epson 1200 usb scanner to work. I compiled kernel
    2.4.0-test12 and this looklikes to work fine. When I do "cat
    /proc/bus/usb/devices" I can see the Epson scanner.

    I followed the instructions on Karl Heinz Kremer's website, but when I
    do "scanimage --list-devices", or other commands like that, I hear some
    noice from the scanner and I get an error: "[epson] ident failed". I am
    using Sane 1.0.2 and Suse 7.0.

    Is here somebody who knows what can be wrong?

    Bye,
    Paul.