Re: Sg devices on Mac hardware.

From: Jerry Fritschle (jerryfritschle@mac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 16:53:38 PST

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > I don't know anything about Macs but maybe we can locate the source of
    > the problem. The SCSI-Controler to which the scanner is connected is
    > found by Linux (see syslog)? Is the SCSI generic module loaded (or
    > compiled into the kernel)? Is the scanner found (syslog, cat /proc/scsi/scsi).
    >
    > Any result from tools/find-scanner?
    >
    > Is the scanner the first SCSI device (/dev/sga)?
    >
    > Please try
    >
    > SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255 scanimage -L

    the debug script gave me 'no such device' failure. /dev/scanner is linked to
    /dev/sga, and both appear in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/umax.conf.

    Again, the scanner shows up in cat /proc/scsi/scsi, and also on the boot screens.
    I should also mention that I have a removable SCSI drive ( /dev/sda4) that is
    working properly. It is on the scsi chain right after the scanner. I don't see a
    syslog entry for a scsi controller.

    I have the file sg.c in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/drivers/scsi/ . Also sg.h exists
    in both /usr/src/linux-2.214/include/scsi and in /usr/include/scsi. Is the
    problem that these have not been compiled? (Puts on flame-proof suit in case this
    is a stupid question).