Re: sane and gcc 2.96

From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 07:00:23 PST

    Hi all!

    Nick Lamb <njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

    > On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 06:03:02PM -0500, Statux wrote:
    > > Did they ever fix their _little_ problem with gcc 2.96 and the fact that
    > > they didn't even bother to note that it's a development version that
    > > produces incompatible object code.. such code that will never work with
    > > anything else even in future releases?
    >
    > SANE is not written in C++. The Unix C ABI is a de facto standard and is
    > not affected by the endless twiddling of Stroustrup and Co. Perhaps
    > this question would be better asked of some people who are doomed to
    > use one of the many variants of C++?

    Could you explain me (or us) how you got to these prehistoric opinion
    about c++?? There IS the ANSI C++ standard. And writing good c++ code
    leads directly to well organized and maintainable programs! - Not
    compareable with the trange spaghetti code in much c-programs. And
    even if there would be different c++ "standards" I simply would take
    gcc's g++ ...

    > Nick.

    k33p h4ck1n6 and much fun with "C"

    René

    --
    René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)
    http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/

    Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.