Suggested adding target install-strip for sane

From: Kevin Dalley (kevind@rahul.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 22:48:05 PST

    I suggest that a new target be added to the Makefiles for
    sane-frontends (and sane-backends). I find the target useful since
    the standard for the Debian distribution is to install binaries
    stripped. This target is convenient.

    Here's a description of the install-strip target from the GNU
    standards document:

    `install-strip'
         Like `install', but strip the executable files while installing
         them. In many cases, the definition of this target can be very
         simple:

              install-strip:
                      $(MAKE) INSTALL_PROGRAM='$(INSTALL_PROGRAM) -s' \
                              install

         Normally we do not recommend stripping an executable unless you
         are sure the program has no bugs. However, it can be reasonable
         to install a stripped executable for actual execution while saving
         the unstripped executable elsewhere in case there is a bug.

    --
    Kevin Dalley
    kevind@rahul.net