Re: xscanimage fails to compile under Helix-Gnome

From: Michael Vanecek (mike@mjv.com)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 12:33:10 PST

    Yeah, I ended up adding that line after comparing xscanimage.c from the
    1.0.3 dist with the CVS version and though it had lots of warnings it
    completed the compile. But after downloading the CVS, I decided to
    package it up as "1.0.4-1" and made an RPM of it. It compiles fine,
    regardless of the excessive "warning: pointer of type `void *' used in
    arithmetic" warnings I get using gcc 2.95.1 (which I assume will be
    reduced when the next release is published). The CVS from last night
    works fine with the new Gimp in Helix-Gnome, but every once and a while
    when I do a scan I get an image with what appears to be a translucent
    red or green copy of the image layered over the top of the original (the
    copy is usually distorted to the right), even though the previews look
    fine. Perplexing, but hey, it _is_ CVS after all. I close the image and
    repeat the scan and more often than not the second scan works fine. This
    does the same regardless of whether I use Xscan 0.64 or the CVS
    xscanimage, so I assume it's in the umax driver (using Astra 1220S). The
    problem didn't exist in the 1.0.3 release. I'll do another CVS download
    here in a few days and see if it clears up. I may also get gcc 2.95.2
    since that appears to be what most of you are using.

    Cheers,
    Mike