Bug in stiff.c

From: Jaeger, Gerhard (gjaeger@sysgo.de)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 06:49:16 PST

    Hi list, hi Peter,

    it seems, that there's a bug in the TIFF output for scanimage (file stiff.c)
    according to RGB pictures.
    GIMP seems to ignore this incorrect TIFF-header, while kview
    produces rubbish...
    The problem:
    When writing the TIFF header, you have to specify the TAG
    "BitsPerSample", which tells a reader how many bits each sample
    has. The current version only specifies one value (8 or 16). This
    is wrong, as we have to specify one value for each channel (i.e
    for a 24bit RGB pic we must specify 8,8,8, see TIFF6.0 spec,
    page 24).
    The attached patch solves this problem - Peter you might
    apply the patch and test again!

    Best regards
    Gerhard