Re: Problem starting saned

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 03:41:11 PST

    On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 09:35:42AM -0800, Matthew J. Cole wrote:
    > No good. When I do this, I simply get a segmentation fault on the
    > client machine while trying to scan for devices.

    Which scanner do you have? Local scanning works?

    Some tips:

    * Use a current version of SANE (1.0.3)
    * To look for the source of errors, use saned directly on the command
      line (disable it in inetd.conf while testing):
      saned -d128
      You will get some information in the syslog. You can set variables
      in this mode so to get information e.g. about Mustek scanners you would use
      SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=255 saned -d128
      The debug output from the backend is printed directly to the console.
    * At the client, use
      SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 SANE_DEBUG_NET=255 to find out where the segfault
      occurs.

    Bye,
      Henning