Re: New backends for SANE 1.0.4

From: Karsten Festag (karsten.festag@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 15:59:42 PST

    Levente NOVAK wrote:

    > Hello Karsten,
    >
    > Did you made any improvements to the microtek2 backend since I sent you
    > the debug output from Wine for my Phantom 636CX? If so, could you send me
    > the latest versions of microtek2.c and microtek2.h?

    I made many changes, mostly for my Phantom 330CX. But now I'm fairly
    satisfied with the quality and I will look if I can do now something for
    the 636CX.
    The log from wine and scantest that you sent me showed that there are
    some greater differences between our models. In your log there is no
    shading compensation visible (which eliminates the stripes). Can you see
    if the image in the scantest programm has stripes?
    By the way: Have you got a windows program which works correctly?
    Perhaps we can find the missing dll's to get it work with wine.
    Do you hear different noises between a Windows and a Linux scan at the
    beginning of the scan when you scan with the same resolution?

    > It would be nice to use my Phantom with Linux (it works physically with
    > Bernd Schroeder's version of microtek2, but the image quality is very
    > poor).

    Perhaps a logfile with Bernd's backend would be useful for me, can cou
    send me one with "option dump 3" in the microtec2.conf file and
    "SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2=128" ?

    Greetings

    Karsten

    And for the folks around there in the world: Has somebody the
    possibility to trace a scan with an Phantom 636CX under wine ??