Re: New backends for SANE 1.0.4

From: kwlee (kwlee88@tpts5.seed.net.tw)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 18:02:02 PST

    > > http://www.abaforum.es/martim/bird/otlinux.htm
    > > the quality, speed, resolutions all are OK,
    > > the only problem is the Configuration is bad!
    >
    > As I wrote in the other article we can add your backend in PROJECTS or
    > viceo.desc. I think the latter is more appropriate because your
    > backend is more than just a project :-)
    >

    > I suppose this is only an announce? Or do you want us to include the
    > backend in SANE 1.0.4? In this case I would have a closer look at the
    > backend :-)

    I definitely hope this backend can be included in SANE 1.0.4 but as said,
    i have no idea about desc or PROJECTS:(
    the only thing i have done is modify the Makefile and just compile my
    backend. So, i hope someone can help me include my backend to
    the config file or something like that, especially to put all my c++ and *
    .h files
    under viceo directory(there are too many files on my backend, so putting
    them on one directory is a good choice) .

    Other issues, i have read other mail about your concern on putting
    backend on SANE 1.04:
    .global variable to static var
    .remove c++ // comment
    I'm afraid i can not do it:( because there are too many c++ files with
    hundred of global vars...

    kw