Re: [snapscan] Agfa 1212U problems?

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 19:04:16 PST

    Timothy Little wrote some stuff, and then got to:

    > One strange thing that I noticed: usually the debug output shows
    > differing Chroma offsets within a given scan, with different bytes per
    > line. There are usually 3 occurrences of "Chroma" in the debug
    > output, and the first one is different from the other two. This is
    > independent of success or failure in scanning. Is this expected
    > behaviour?

    This is probably OK. The software performs a small test scan before the
    real one. The mode of this scan is not the same as the real one, so the
    chroma offset values may well be different. The chroma offsets are
    specified in scan lines, so they are very resolution dependant. You need to
    set the scanner's resolution before inquiring to get the right offset
    values. If I remember rightly, the software does two inquiries for the real
    scan, for some obscure reason, so there are two reads of the chroma offsets
    at the real scan resolution.

    Regards,
    Steve