Re: [snapscan] Core testing group

From: Timothy Little (tim@lilly-villa.little-possums.net)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 02:12:08 PST

    Lawrence Glaister wrote:
    > Hi Tim and the group,

    > I'm not sure what version of the snapscan 1212u you are running, but
    > mine (a 1212u_2) requires a firmware download before it is
    > recognized by the sane code.

    Mine is the one that doesn't require firmware upload. It has a
    different vendor ID string, and worked OK with older snapscan drivers.

    > Is the led on the front of your scanner indicating steady on?

    It's off, the scanner is sleeping. It doesn't come back on when
    scanimage starts, but used to under an older version of the backend.

    > Any recommendations as to what kernel would be best to try? I have
    > 2.4.0-test9

    Same as mine. I am considering trying 2.4.0-test10, but don't want to
    break any more stuff just yet. The bugs in test9 haven't bitten me
    yet.

    - Tim