Re: SIGSEGV in sense_handler (scsi_fd=0, result=0x831d470 "", arg=0x0) at mustek.c:604

From: Andreas Klemm (andreas@klemm.gtn.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 12:17:23 PST

    On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 09:25:20PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 03:33:10PM +0100, Andreas Klemm wrote:
    > > xsane and xscanimage core dump after approx. scanning 75% of an image.
    > > I compiled sane and xsane with debugging symbols and below you can
    > > see, what sense code the application got in mustek.c ...
    >
    > This is really a high-quality bug report :-) Nearly every information
    > I can think of is provided. This is SANE 1.0.3, isn't it?

    Thanks ;-) Yes its 1.0.3

    > There is a bug in the Mustek backend; result and arg aren't checked for NULL
    > before they are dereferenced. This bug is fixed in the CVS version of
    > SANE and the bugfix will be in SANE 1.0.4.
    > [...]
    > If this doesn't help, try a new Mustek-backend from
    > http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/ .

    I'll try the new backend from file
            mustek-backend-1.0-98.tar.gz

    Thanks for info !

    > > I use the Centronix port on the scanner. Do I need perhaps to terminate
    > > on the 25 pol. connector ???
    > That's the end of the SCSI chain so it must be terminated. However, in
    > my experience the scanner works without termination if it's the only
    > device on the controller.

    I got an active 25 pol. terminator, since its not the only
    device.

    > I don't think so but you never know. If scanning doesn't work after
    > using the new backend, please try
    >
    > SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5 xsane 2>dbg.log
    >
    > Scan an image and send the resulting dbg.log to me.

    O.k. thanks !

    --
    Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD SMP
    Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.html