SANE on OS/2 (Was: new snapscan user)

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 22:10:59 PST

[Henning Meier-Geinitz]
> That's not nice. I think the SANE developers won't refuse to include
> patches for OS/2 (if they can be included without disrupting
> installation on Unix). However, someone with knowledge of OS/2 must
> prepare patches and do testing. There seem to have been
> communication between Petter Reinholdtsen and Yuri Dario about the
> OS/2 port but I haven't seen any results from this.

I got no reply to my last email, and have not received anything for
months. As far as I know, the major change required is to add some
fork / thread API to sanei, which would work both on Unix and OS/2.

He made some patches, but I did not like them and did not include them
in CVS. Too many #ifdef in the backends themselves. I want the
backends to use the same API on all platforms, and keep all the
#ifdefs in sanei/.

Apart from this, I believe everything else required to compile SANE on
OS/2 should be included.

--
##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no