Re: Time for a new release?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 17:50:40 PST

    > Hi Petter,
    > do we want to create an own "SANE-FRONTEND" cvs branch?

    I think it is better to keep the frontend distribution in a
    subdirectory. We can add it in CVS as sane/frontends/ and distribute
    it separately, or make a new 'toplevel' directory sane-frontend/ in
    parallell with the current sane/ directory.

    I guess I am in favour of the last suggestion, but I like the first
    one as well. It would allow us to distribute a complete package, and
    two sub-packages -- like GCC / binutils distributions.

    As for the timeline, I guess Hennings suggestion on 3 weeks to feature
    freeze and two weeks code freeze is as good as any. I'm moving back
    to Norway in this period, so you will have to do without me, but I
    should be back to wrap up a distribution. This time, I'll try to
    document the required steps, to make it easier for someone else to
    take over. :-)

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no