HP 6300 Scanner light & transparency adapter

From: Doug X (fearless1@visto.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 08:18:59 PDT

      I have a HP 6300C scanner and the transparency adapter,
    I wish to find out if there is any way to turn the lamp of when I'm done because I'm using SCSI interface and have to leave it plugged in to work. It doesn't appear to turn itself of after any period of time that I've noticed. I don't like having to boot windoze to turn the lamp of. Can anyone enlighten me for this situation.
      My other question, is there any support yet for the transparency adapter? I tried for fun, the ATM switch in xsane, that swapped the light to the adapter but then jammed both the scanner and xsane.
    I'm using 1.0.2 and 0.61.
      Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Doug