Re: Patches for sanei_debug.h/sanei_init_debug.c and the HP-backend

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gno.de)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 04:51:30 PDT

    Hi!

    [Petter Reinholdtsen]

    > [Jochen Eisinger]
    > > 1. #define DEBUG_NOT_STATIC which is declared in hp.h and forces
    > > sanei_debug.h not to declare the sanei_debug_call_hp function as static
    > >
    > > 2. #define DEBUG_DECLARE_ONLY which is declared in all hp*.c files but
    > > hp.c itself. This definition forces sanei_debug.h to define prototypes
    > > instead of real declarations... int DBG_LEVEL and void DBG (level, msg,
    > > ...) are only declared in hp.c...
    >
    > Why were these required? If the call function is static, it can be
    > implemented in all the files without any conflict, right?

    DEBUG_DECLARE_ONLY is use to share one DBG_LEVEL var in different files
    (all the different hp-files) and on debug_call - of course you could
    just share the DBG_LEVEL and create multiple static debug_calls, but I
    thought it would be better not to produce so many functions... what do
    you think?

    BTW. I'll commit these changes around 5pm CEST -> if you think, the
    functions should be static, please let me know before 5pm.

    -- jochen