Re: HP ScanJet 3300

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 04:26:06 PDT

    <higleyj@xontech.com> wrote:

    > I have an HP ScanJet 3300 which I would like to get working with SANE. I
    > am willing (though very time-constrained) to write a backend for it, but I
    > am still in the collecting information phase. Here is what I have found
    > out so far...
    >
    > 1) HP has not been forthcoming with the technical documents, so it looks
    > like a reverse-engineering job.

    [SNIP]

    > If anyone has some more information for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

    I seem to remember that Ed Hameric saying that this scanner along with
    the HP5300 and the Minolta Scan Dual II are all made by Avision
    (www.avision.com.tw) and use the Avision SCSI command set over USB.
    This would explain why HP are being coy about how it works, they always
    are when it's and OEM badged product.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195