Re: Mustek/LifeTec/Medion parport CIS driver

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gno.de)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 13:01:01 PDT

    Hi!

    Someone asked for information about CIS devices in order to write a
    backend for the mustek 12000cp. this was in august 2000. I've been
    moving last week, so my internet connection doesn't really work at the
    moment... as soon, as this changes, I can search the mailing list
    archive for the email addresses...

    Basically, these CIS scanners use the same chipset, but the lamp has to
    be set up differently, and I don't know how... it should be no big task
    to figure this out (I think, the windows driver uses msfcepp2.vxd, if
    this is true I can send anyone who is interested in it a patched
    version) - but at the moment I just don't have the time to do it.

    If someone wants to figure out the "technical stuff", I'd be glad to
    include patches in the mustek_pp backend.

    -- jochen

    [etienne hasoppe]