Re: [SnapScan] color problem 300dpi

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 06:19:29 PDT

    Steve Underwood <steveu@coppice.org> writes:

    > There was a major rewrite of the SnapScan back-end between 0.8 and 1.0, and
    > the author abandoned the work a few percent from the end. This would
    > explain a number of issues people may be having when they say Sane 1.0.1
    > worked, but later versions do not. The author not only did not finish, he
    > also did not possess all models of scanner to try his new code on. Most
    > people aren't very good at feeding back useful bug reports, so......

    I read most of snapscan related messages on this list in the archive as well
    as Charter's homepage recently, so I know what is the situation.

    I do realize that it's difficult to maintain a backend when you don't
    have a documentation and/or different scanners (indeed, i had to
    compare each scsi command between the win driver and sane's one to
    find my little bug, so it would not have been possible for someone
    without this model). And I really appreciate what you and others
    before have done to make snapscan backend work with each model.

    I will try to investigate the EAGAIN bug by my side and make useful
    bug reports ;)
    If you have any suggestion or want to try something, don't hesitate to
    contact me; I have quite a good knowledge of the code with all I tried
    to make it work.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net