Re: [SnapScan] color problem 300dpi

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 16:28:23 PDT

    Sebastien Sable <sebastien.sable@gmx.net> writes:

    > * while the picture looks fine most of the time, I have problems with
    > big pictures in high resolution; in 300dpi GreyScale the scanner needs
    > to stop and go back producing a picture with traces; in 300dpi Color,
    > the scanner blocks in the middle of the scan.
    > This problem is probably the same reported by Lawrence Glaister
    > before, but his proposed correction doesn't work in my case.

    I tracked this one a bit further. It does not exist in
    sane-1.0.1. Indeed, my scanner works perfectly well with this version
    even at 300dpi Colour with big pictures.

    I tried snapscan-0.7, snapscan-0.8 and they work as well. The problem
    only happens with snapscan-1.0 (the new snapscan-source code) and
    newer.
    This would confirm that this is the same pb Lawrence Glaister
    experienced.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net