RE: (bit off topic) Re: Lineart with xsane/mustek

From: Collins, Martin (martin.collins@sage.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 01:39:39 PDT

    > Nick Lamb [mailto:njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk] wrote:
    >
    > Nope, no 1-bit, 4-bit, 16-bit or other weird pixel formats in
    > Gimp, sorry.
    > Converting to INDEXED, black and white will remove all the
    > other colors, and for some file types significantly reduce the
    > size of the resulting file,

    I tried the indexed thing, it turned a 1-bit file of ~200kB
    into a 25MB file!
    I haven't tried xv or xpaint yet, can anyone recommend another
    program that is good for processing 1-bit images?

    Moving back on topic somewhat, I tried replicating my lineart
    scans producing greyscale files problem but couldn't. I still
    have some of the original files so I know I didn't imagine it.
    Must have been a special case, I will test more this weekend.

    Martin

    The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
    and may not represent those of the company.

    This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it
    is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient.
    You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail
    to another person or take copies of it.