Re: [SnapScan] Acer 300/310/610 and wine debugging

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:37:39 PDT

    Sebastien Sable wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > short version:
    >
    > I still have problems with my acer 300f/snapscan backend *but* now I
    > have a complete log of scsi commands used by the original windows
    > drivers thanks to wine.
    >
    > long version:
    >
    > I tried all the modifications proposed by Lawrence Glaister for
    > snapscan-1.0.3 backend but my problem is probably completely different
    > because I get a picture with garbage at the bottom even in GreyScale.
    >
    > So I tried to watch what was coming out of the scanner at the lowest
    > level (by dumping pss->buf in scsi_read while in GreyScale). What it
    > brings is exactly the picture that scanimage gives me, so I think that
    > the problem does not come from a bug in snapscan backend, but from a
    > slightly different protocol between Acer 300/310/610 and others
    > snapscan scanners.

    The trace you provided is useful. However, my Acer 610plus (which is listed
    as being in the same group as your scanner) is working quite well with the
    latest sane. Perhaps your problem lies somewhere else, or maybe its
    something about the firmware revision in your scanner. The following lines
    from your trace are interesting:

    trace:aspi:SCSI_printprocentry Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
    trace:aspi:SCSI_printprocentry Vendor: ACERPERI Model: ACERSCAN_A4____1
    Rev: 0110
    trace:aspi:SCSI_printprocentry Type: Scanner
    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

    The other Acer scanners report their model type as "FlatbedScannerXX",
    where XX is a 2 digit number. Did you have to add "ACERSCAN_A4____1" to the
    list of models in the source code, or does your scanner report different
    model IDs at different times?

    Regards,
    Steve