Re: Patch for sane.tex (image polarity)

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 05:48:56 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 06:42:39AM +0100, Nick Lamb wrote:
    > > In frames of type SANE_FRAME_GRAY, when the bit depth is 1 there are
    > > only two sample values possible, 1 represents minimum intensity (black)
    > > and 0 represents maximum intensity (white).
    > > For all other bit depth and frame type combinations, a sample value of 0
    > > represents minimum intensity and larger values represent increasing
    > > intensity.
    >
    > Yes, the "intensity" wording is better in my opinion.
    >
    > > Actually, can anyone tell me (from practical experience) whether I
    > > am right that this only affects SANE_FRAME_GRAY? Do we have devices
    > > that actually send 1bit RGB frames?
    >
    > The Mustek backend had RGB lineart and halftone modes. I don't know any
    > Mustek scanner that can do this and so I removed these modes. The old code
    > looked like it would use 1 for max intensity and 0 for min intensity. Maybe
    > David Mosberger-Tang can tell about the idea of these modes.
    >
    > Bye,
    > Henning

    Hi Henning,

    as far as I know there is no 1 bit color frame or image format defined.
    I can imagine how this would look like in 3 pass scanning mode,
    but there is (as far as I know) no interleaved RGB 1 bit format.

    May be we should use the 8 bit format for it.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch