epson: inactive options

From: Claus Atzenbeck (Claus.Atzenbeck@nikocity.de)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 06:44:39 PDT

    scanimage is now working on my Epson Perfection 610 (USB).

    I took a look to the options of scanimage
    (using: scanimage epson:/dev/usbscanner0 --help)

    The output shows many inactive options which would be very useful,
    e.g.
            - brightness
            - sharpness
            - auto-area-sgmentation
            - and many other

    Did I forget something to install or to activate somehow?
    Sorry, but I couldn't find any information at the FAQ or tutorial. :-(

    I am wondering if I should give back my new Epson 610 and get an Epson
    Perfection 1200 SCSI. This one costs twice as much, but does it work
    twice as good with Linux (more available options with sane, ...)?

    Any opinions?

    Thanks a lot for your help & your patence!