Invalid argument

From: Claus Atzenbeck (Claus.Atzenbeck@nikocity.de)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 15:18:43 PDT

    I have bought a Epson Perfection 610 USB and I want to use it on Linux
    Mandrake 7.1. This is what I have done:

    1) Installing the scanner module
    [root@thor]# modprobe scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0103

    2) checking devices:

    [root@thor]# scanimage --list-devices
    [epson] Unknown type R or level K, using B3
    device `epson:/dev/usbscanner0' is a Epson Perfection610 flatbed scanner

    3) trying to scan:

    [root@thor]# scanimage --device /dev/usbscanner0 > output.ppm
    scanimage: open of device /dev/usbscanner0 failed: Invalid argument

    Any idea what is wrong? xscanimage does not start scanning because of
    "Invalid argument".

    I'm using sane 1.0.2 (which was with Mandrake 7.1 distribution).

    Please give me some help.
    Thanks so much!

    Claus.