scanmagic 4800p doesnt work

From: Peter Samulat (Samulat@t-online.de)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 11:54:54 PDT

    I'm using suse 7.0 with sane 1.0.3. My scanner ist labeled scanmagic 4800p
    (parallel port interface), so i hope (?) the manufacturer is mustek. I added the
    line mustek_pp in dll.conf, in mustek_pp.conf the device is set to lp0. The
    scanner is connected to lpt1.

    If i run find-scanner -v i do not get a positive result. Does anybody know
    what's going wrong or what i have do do to use this scanner device with sane?

    Peter Samulat