Re: Why no Minolta Scanners?

From: Warren Young (tangent@cyberport.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 08:05:45 PDT

    James Jewell wrote:

    > I'm brand new to this list, and I was wondering if there was any particular
    > reason why there was no back-end for the Minolta range of scanners? Is it
    > just a lack of interest, or is there a more insidious reason?

    Hamrick Software sells a very good bit of shareware called VueScan that
    works wonderfully with Minolta's slide scanners. It works on Linux,
    Macintosh and Windows, and it's so good that on Windows I use it instead
    of Minolta's default TWAIN drivers.

            www.hamrick.com

    The only thing I could wish for now is better Gimp integration. :)

    --
    = Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m