Re: OT?- OCR

From: Grega Bremec (gregab@gbsoft.org)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 08:02:21 PDT

    On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 06:33:01AM -0800, you (William H Bouterse) have
    somehow managed to commit the following:

    > Still using my Text-Bridge Pro98 for OCR :(
    > Gimp and xsane replaced PhotoShop long ago :)
    >
    > Is any GPL work progressing in the OCR area?

    I wouldn't know about GPL, but there seems to be an ongoing
    graduate project at the University of California at Berkeley that's
    aiming to produce a working OCR package. There have been other
    products mentioned in this mailing list before, see the archives for
    more info (roughly Jan/Feb 2000).

    The URL for that UCB program is here:

        http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~fateman/kathey/ocrchie.html

    Note that I have not tested it though and I don't know how stable
    and/or functional it is. See the above link for more info.

    Cheers,

    --
        Grega Bremec
        grega.bremec@gbsoft.org