Re: little tool for cracking VxDs (or: how to write a driver without...)

From: Anatoly V. Vdovichev (tolik@neic.nsk.su)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 23:30:17 PDT

    On Вск, 03 Сен 2000, you wrote:
    > Hi!
    Hello!

    > With the help of this little tool, I captured the whole port IO of the
    > TWAIN driver for the ScanMagic 1200 ED Plus (ASIC 1015, CCD 01)... in a
    > few days, there will be a new version of the mustek_pp backend :)
    I own Mustek ScanExpress 600CP. Current mustek_pp backend almost
    works with this scanner, you know (scanhead is moving, as it must move, but
    white image with little signs of original image is producing). May I help you
    to add support for this scanner? It seems, that this cracking tool made your
    work easier. Unfortunately, i did not make any asm programs for window - this
    will require some help from you (decompiling, patching, compiling).

    Scanner under unix is twice scanner, than under windows.

    > -- jochen
    Anatoly.