Re: Tekram DC315U

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 00:29:32 PDT

    Arcady Genkin wrote:

    > Is Tekram DC315U a nice card to use with a scanner with sane? I'm
    > looking for a good value SCSI card to handle a CD-ROM, CDR/W, and a
    > scanner.

    Hi,

    I don`t know the Tekram CD315U.

    I can suggest the NCR/Symbios Logic/LSI 53c8xx cards.

    For CD/CD-RW/Scanner I suggest a fast scsi card (53c810).
    With a fast scsi catd you can use cable length up to 3m,
    ultra scsi allows 1.5m.

    (Attention, there are also 20810 cards available, they are
    different from the 53c810)!

    Bye
    Oliver

    --