question about scan exposure time (microtek2)

From: Harald Finster (finster@ave.ac.agit.de)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 23:25:29 PDT

    Hello,

    can anybody explain the mechanism behind the
    'scan-exposure time' slider (range from 0%
    to about 500%), please?
    My impression is, that the effect of the slider
    is quite 'step-wise', i.e. a setting of 97%
    is significantly darker than a setting of 99%.
    I suppose, that the scanner supports only a small
    set of exposure-times which are mapped to the
    slider value somehow.

    Thanks for comments

    Harald

    --